One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Counseling or other therapy which addresses a person's psychological or physical sexual problems.
- ‘Through the use of bibliotherapy the relative contribution of the nonspecific factor of therapist attention in sex therapy has been investigated.’
- ‘The reader who is interested in departing from the practice of traditional sex therapy will find each chapter full of resources and innovative approaches that are systemically grounded.’
- ‘It has been technically possible to deliver sex therapy via the Internet for a quite a while but there has been little progress in implementing high quality systems.’
- ‘This transformation has been applied in sex therapy, with cognitive-behavioral approaches replacing or becoming adjuncts to the behavioral exercises pioneered by Masters and Johnson.’
- ‘Exercises, many of which were modified elements of standard sex therapy, have probably played a larger role since participants reported substantial frequencies of exercise performance.’
- ‘It would be great if I could because it can be very hard doing sex therapy with single people - especially with single people having difficulty finding a partner.’
- ‘The role of psychological, psychosocial, and psychosexual correlates of the orgasm experience would be useful in determining the course of sex therapy for those presenting with orgasmic difficulties.’
- ‘This section investigates the applicability of the Western sex therapy to Chinese couples and discusses whether modifications are needed for sex therapy to be effective among Chinese couples.’
- ‘If you answer yes to at least three of the questions below, you may benefit from sex therapy to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire.’
- ‘In Western sex therapy, stimulus control refers to efforts to establish a pleasant and relaxing environment that is conducive to healthy sexual functioning, thereby minimizing interfering circumstances.’
- ‘In fact, some prescribe sexual education classes as a form of sex therapy.’
- ‘Today, it is hard to envision how startling the unveiling of the Masters and Johnson model for sex therapy was in 1970.’
- ‘Actually, given the current merchandising climate around these blogland parts, maybe I'll start offering sex therapy by email.’
- ‘There is considerable evidence that this is a promising and useful procedure either by itself or with dilators, and sex therapy, but to date no comparison studies have been published.’
- ‘Broader, qualitative assessment might be more appropriate in delineating the efficacy of sex therapy.’
- ‘People with sexual dysfunction are reluctant to seek help from experts of sex therapy.’
sex therapy/seks ˈTHerəpē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.