One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose need for sexual gratification is excessive or obsessive.
- ‘You are not a bad person or a sex maniac to want and expect a physical relationship.’
- ‘If the site had contained the weirdos and whackos at school that grew up to be reprobates, drunks, sex maniacs, revolutionaries, alternative thinkers or anything else out of the so-called norm, it would have been much more interesting.’
- ‘It is where the dull become exciting, where the shy become outgoing, the prudish become kinky sex maniacs - and good on them!’
- ‘After the Foreign Office accused him of being a thieving, drunken sex maniac, he suffered a mental breakdown and was flown back to London and admitted to St Thomas's hospital.’
- ‘When the party-going sex maniacs finally find the much touted ‘rave of the year’ it's an abandoned shell.’
- ‘This wasn't a movie about crazed sex maniacs or loose women or pregnant girls or the vice rackets.’
- ‘I'm working on being a sex maniac and controversialist; I don't require the ‘reassuring feeling from knowing that my funeral expenses are in order’.’
- ‘From what I could hear one of them was telling the other that she feels her husband is a sex maniac as he is ALWAYS in the mood.’
- ‘I would have thought the answer was obvious: we're all sex maniacs now.’
- ‘He didn't want her first impression of him to be ‘He's a sex maniac.’’
- ‘I'm assuming the male actors are mostly half-witted sex maniacs kidnapped from insane asylums or junkies working for their next fix.’
- ‘‘Just because I love a boy doesn't suddenly turn me into some kind of sex maniac,’ I snap.’
- ‘Alex's first attempt to save his friend from the rough sex maniac went sour, but he's determined to try again regardless of the consequences.’
- ‘‘He came across like a complete sex maniac,’ said another.’
- ‘This place is the last resort for the desperate and frustrated sex maniac; a society which I'm happy to say I am no longer a member of.’
- ‘Trust the sex maniac to bring my sex life into the conversation.’
- ‘And he quite possibly thinks you're a sex maniac.’
- ‘One woman talked to described rapists as sex maniacs who were never satisfied because they had a problem which had not been attended to.’
- ‘And that drug, contends Vézina, ‘turns people into sex maniacs.’’
- ‘You think she's holding out; she thinks you're a raging sex maniac who should really be in jail.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.