One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose need for sexual gratification is excessive or obsessive.
- ‘From what I could hear one of them was telling the other that she feels her husband is a sex maniac as he is ALWAYS in the mood.’
- ‘One woman talked to described rapists as sex maniacs who were never satisfied because they had a problem which had not been attended to.’
- ‘He didn't want her first impression of him to be ‘He's a sex maniac.’’
- ‘‘Just because I love a boy doesn't suddenly turn me into some kind of sex maniac,’ I snap.’
- ‘I'm working on being a sex maniac and controversialist; I don't require the ‘reassuring feeling from knowing that my funeral expenses are in order’.’
- ‘This place is the last resort for the desperate and frustrated sex maniac; a society which I'm happy to say I am no longer a member of.’
- ‘When the party-going sex maniacs finally find the much touted ‘rave of the year’ it's an abandoned shell.’
- ‘And he quite possibly thinks you're a sex maniac.’
- ‘It is where the dull become exciting, where the shy become outgoing, the prudish become kinky sex maniacs - and good on them!’
- ‘I'm assuming the male actors are mostly half-witted sex maniacs kidnapped from insane asylums or junkies working for their next fix.’
- ‘If the site had contained the weirdos and whackos at school that grew up to be reprobates, drunks, sex maniacs, revolutionaries, alternative thinkers or anything else out of the so-called norm, it would have been much more interesting.’
- ‘‘He came across like a complete sex maniac,’ said another.’
- ‘And that drug, contends Vézina, ‘turns people into sex maniacs.’’
- ‘You think she's holding out; she thinks you're a raging sex maniac who should really be in jail.’
- ‘You are not a bad person or a sex maniac to want and expect a physical relationship.’
- ‘Trust the sex maniac to bring my sex life into the conversation.’
- ‘This wasn't a movie about crazed sex maniacs or loose women or pregnant girls or the vice rackets.’
- ‘I would have thought the answer was obvious: we're all sex maniacs now.’
- ‘After the Foreign Office accused him of being a thieving, drunken sex maniac, he suffered a mental breakdown and was flown back to London and admitted to St Thomas's hospital.’
- ‘Alex's first attempt to save his friend from the rough sex maniac went sour, but he's determined to try again regardless of the consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.