Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young woman who asserts or exploits her sexual attractiveness.
- ‘She is talking with a valley girl-type accent and purrs in almost a sex kitten like way.’
- ‘Brenda's extraordinary mutation into a wanton sex kitten lasted for exactly one weekend.’
- ‘Are we sure that's the look we should go for, considering I'm not a movie star sex kitten?’
- ‘Peering out from behind a helmet of black hair, she is stylish but not styled, neither coquettish sex kitten nor guitar-toting tomboy.’
- ‘It's like she turned into a sex kitten or something.’
- ‘Jessie was hot, even more so now, in her sex kitten outfit.’
- ‘‘I'd say more like sex kitten,’ she added, tapping her cigarette free of ashes into a clay mug.’
- ‘You can be a sex kitten, you know, at 80, if you want to be.’
- ‘Do we really need another movie about an essentially unattractive guy winning the sex kitten?’
- ‘Her music sounds like a flirtation with early 80s techno combined with the lusty lyrics of gangsta rap, delivered in a voice that resembles a dominatrix at times, a sex kitten at others.’
- ‘We see her playing the sex kitten by laying naked at the promotional press conference pushing her sexual assets on to the screen.’
- ‘I mean they're not like randy sex kittens or anything, but it starts to feel like sexual tension.’
- ‘Time to bust out the tried-and-true weapon of every major sex kitten: stockings.’
- ‘Her ability to alter her singing style to suit every sex kitten she portrays, makes this a thoroughly enjoyable show.’
- ‘But sometimes her little sex kitten routine seemed so tiresome.’
- ‘You see her as this nurturing being as opposed to the sex kitten you married.’
- ‘I wonder if this is a conscious decision to fit with a more serious musical agenda or if she just got tired of the sex kitten that she herself had created.’
- ‘Going to meet me at the gate with that sex kitten of yours?’
- ‘‘Whatever you say my sex kitten,’ Tru answers proudly.’
- ‘A last word before we go: maybe it's fitting that a former movie star whale gets a helping hand from a former cinema sex kitten.’
sex kitten/seks ˈkitn/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.