Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A crime involving sexual assault or having a sexual motive.
- ‘Eight years on he is trying to change his behaviour to make sure he will never be tempted to carry out another sex crime.’
- ‘And when someone close to the psychologist finds herself a victim of a sex crime, the stakes are raised even higher.’
- ‘California requires DNA sampling only from those convicted for violent felonies and some sex crimes.’
- ‘Tonight, it was the Hollywood sex crime that shocked America.’
- ‘Ohio even tried unsuccessfully to classify it as a sex crime.’
- ‘This isn't the first time the victim, or alleged victim, of a sex crime has had her name and face posted online.’
- ‘Twelve percent were for violent offenses, including murder, assault and sex crimes.’
- ‘According to Home Office figures, only 2% of convicted child sex offenders ever go on to commit another sex crime against a child.’
- ‘It has been creating waves in Kerala for the past few years by indicting famous politicians for sex crimes.’
- ‘One of the suspects, who was interrogated by police for an alleged sex crime, also admitted to being part of the conspiracy.’
- ‘It does not matter if the person has committed a sex crime in the past or not.’
- ‘Raping someone isn't the same as borrowing money; a debt can be paid, but a sex crime can't be undone.’
- ‘Each time he has been paroled from prison he has committed another sex crime, but authorities now consider him a ‘low to moderate’ risk.’
- ‘If a victim of a sex crime cannot have a cigarette at his or her place of work, and they know that the person who perpetrated that crime can smoke in his or her prison cell, what sort of legislation are we passing here?’
- ‘She was not sexually assaulted and she may have been stripped to make the murder resemble a sex crime.’
- ‘Violent crime, which includes public order offences, sex crime and physical assaults, is down six per cent in York, and vehicle crime is down by 13 per cent.’
- ‘Hanson, however, estimates that close to half the released sex offenders eventually commit another sex crime.’
- ‘This money is better spent tackling real crime problems like muggings, assaults, sex crimes, etc.’
- ‘Despite the nature of the charges, he would be far from the first celebrity to make a comeback from sex crime.’
- ‘An illegal alien who now commits a sex crime will be prosecuted and jailed.’
sex crime/seks krīm/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.