One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chromosome involved with determining the sex of an organism, typically one of two kinds.Also called heterochromosome
- ‘The abnormal behavior of an unidentified sex chromosome has also been reported in D. subobscura.’
- ‘It is genetic, but not linked to a sex chromosome like hemophilia, so either parent can pass porphyria on to any child.’
- ‘Conditions in which there is an extra sex chromosome are fundamentally different from those such as Down's syndrome in which affected individuals have recognisable characteristics that can be explained by laboratory findings.’
- ‘The Y chromosome is the male-specific sex chromosome that is passed from father to son in the same way that surnames are passed from father to son.’
- ‘That sex chromosome is so new evolutionarily that it doesn't have the stripped-down style of full-fledged Y chromosomes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.