Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The quality of being attractive in a sexual way.‘she just oozes sex appeal’
sexiness, seductiveness, sexual attractiveness, desirability, sensuality, sexualitymagnetism, charismait, oomph, saView synonyms
- ‘In all three starring roles, Basinger does not have to apologise for her natural sex appeal.’
- ‘The films that work globally consist of sex appeal, thin plots and chase scenes.’
- ‘So when it comes to books and sex appeal it's the same old story: there's one rule for men, another for women.’
- ‘Lynn used her sex appeal to attract male attention and I could pass off as the sweet, innocent girl.’
- ‘You are easily attracted by physical appearances and a person's sex appeal.’
- ‘The result is an album with a whole lot of heart, sex appeal and raucous energy.’
- ‘The supporting actress is often chosen for sex appeal, rather than acting ability.’
- ‘Straw hats are great summer hats with plenty of sex appeal, but nothing beats the feel of a felt fedora in the cold.’
- ‘It is there for the express purpose of demonstrating an individual's sex appeal.’
- ‘She may start to use her sex appeal to attract and keep a man by her side.’
- ‘They are movie stars hired to project glamour, sophistication and sex appeal.’
- ‘Much as he admired their music, he was even more taken with their automatic sex appeal.’
- ‘They certainly do not perceive age as a barrier to exploiting their femininity or sex appeal.’
- ‘With his dark brown eyes and short black hair, he seemed to ooze sex appeal with just a hint of danger.’
- ‘Some of the players got mad, because they felt we should be judged by our golf ability, not by sex appeal.’
- ‘Sometimes, certain women characters are included just to add sex appeal to the drama.’
- ‘Mike refrained from taking advantage of his powerful bass skills and undeniable sex appeal.’
- ‘In other words, women are making it on their looks alone and men, without the advantage of sex appeal, are left behind.’
- ‘Tracey is also a party girl and is noted for bringing sex appeal to the British art world.’
- ‘It can cause a new mother to doubt her physical attractiveness and sex appeal.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.