One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr Browne submits that the first two of these meanings are severable and distinct.’
- ‘In my view, the liability and damages are distinct issues that are severable from one another.’
- ‘She submitted that a decision may have many separate and severable elements within it.’
- ‘Nevertheless, a severable part of the contract which has a closer connection with another country may by way of exception be governed by the law of that other country.’
- ‘It was held that the words were meaningless but that they did not destroy the contract as they were severable, leaving the core of the obligation intact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.