One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Mr Browne submits that the first two of these meanings are severable and distinct.’
- ‘It was held that the words were meaningless but that they did not destroy the contract as they were severable, leaving the core of the obligation intact.’
- ‘In my view, the liability and damages are distinct issues that are severable from one another.’
- ‘Nevertheless, a severable part of the contract which has a closer connection with another country may by way of exception be governed by the law of that other country.’
- ‘She submitted that a decision may have many separate and severable elements within it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.