(in Christian tradition) the sins of pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth.
- ‘We must destroy those who would revel in the seven deadly sins.’
- ‘No wonder it was made one of the seven deadly sins.’
- ‘I follow the Ten Commandments and I make a conscious effort to try to avoid the seven deadly sins at all costs.’
- ‘Pride is listed among the seven deadly sins with good reason.’
- ‘The latter, a collection of tales illustrating the seven deadly sins, was popular in 16th and 17th-century England.’