One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A supposed tendency to infidelity after seven years of marriage.
- ‘What used to be the seven-year itch has become a 15-year phenomenon.’
- ‘His engagement to her has gone on so long, they seem to be getting the seven-year itch out of the way before the wedding.’
- ‘You've heard of the seven-year itch before, right?’
- ‘‘It's becoming clear that what used to be the seven-year itch is now closer to a five-year itch,’ Lawler said.’
- ‘The seven-year itch - a restlessness experienced after years of blissful marriage - is a natural phenomenon which has been common since prehistoric times, according to scientists.’
seven-year itch/ˈsevən yi(ə)r iCH/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.