One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian snack consisting of long, thin strands of gram flour, deep-fried and spiced.
- ‘The spicy bhel puri with generous fillings of onions, tomatoes and sev is a great hit.’
- ‘Serve it garnished with coriander leaves and sev.’
- ‘Then carefully flip over the sev with a fork.’
- ‘The practised hand fills a huge puri with generous films of tamarind chutney, curd, pakoda, chana masala, steamed green gram, a dash of black salt, jeera powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, some sev and coriander leaves.’
- ‘On auspicious days, such as today, they make sweet vermicelli, known as sev.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.