One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indian snack consisting of long, thin strands of gram flour, deep-fried and spiced.
- ‘Serve it garnished with coriander leaves and sev.’
- ‘The spicy bhel puri with generous fillings of onions, tomatoes and sev is a great hit.’
- ‘Then carefully flip over the sev with a fork.’
- ‘On auspicious days, such as today, they make sweet vermicelli, known as sev.’
- ‘The practised hand fills a huge puri with generous films of tamarind chutney, curd, pakoda, chana masala, steamed green gram, a dash of black salt, jeera powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, some sev and coriander leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.