One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who makes a settlement, especially of a property.
- ‘Accordingly any benefits derived by the settlor were not derived from the interests given.’
- ‘Paragraph 91 of the Trust prohibits the settlor from ever participating in the capital of the Trust.’
- ‘The defendant was to be the settlor of the trust, and the plaintiff would be the trustee.’
- ‘The settlor, having established the trust has no power thereafter to amend.’
- ‘Many jurisdictions will look through the trust and tax the settlor or beneficiaries directly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.