One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time taken for a measuring or control instrument to get within a certain distance of a new equilibrium value without subsequently deviating from it by that amount.
- ‘Data settling time is often more critical, as the strobe transition is typically more aggressively aligned with the data transition.’
- ‘The dependence on diffusion constant is complex, affecting both the settling time and the steady-state value of PKC activity.’
- ‘However, at intermediate diffusion rates there is a rise in settling time.’
- ‘The settling time of the voltage-clamp was determined by measuring the oocyte membrane potential as a function of time.’
- ‘This system will allow virtually continuous monitoring, limited only by the settling time required for each measurement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.