One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Deal with and subdue someone in no uncertain manner.
- ‘That would have settled his hash, and it made me feel better when I realized I could have said it.’
- ‘I could exercise my constitutional right to firearms ownership and just go up in a tower and start shooting until a police sniper settles my hash.’
- ‘The Professor strongly suspects defamation lawyers will settle Marr 's hash.’
- ‘Alphonso - that's the big buck leopard - got nasty this morning and settled his hash.’
- ‘In the best of all possible worlds this despot would be unseated by the electorate; in the worst a coup might settle his hash.’
- ‘The failure in the Dardanelles and the Russian collapse settled our hash in the Near East for the time being.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.