One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The angle of the setal shaft was particularly important in achieving an adhesive bond.’
- ‘If this is the case, setal morphology would have a greater effect on force of adhesion than surface chemistry of the seta or substrate.’
- ‘The width of the setal tips also varies between taxa.’
- ‘Therefore, capillary forces are strong in the normal direction and weak in the parallel direction, whereas the opposite is true of setal adhesion.’
- ‘The krill then squirt the seawater sideways through their setal filters, entrapping algae in a feeding pattern much like the baleen whales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.