One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of mathematics which deals with the formal properties of sets as units (without regard to the nature of their individual constituents) and the expression of other branches of mathematics in terms of sets.
- ‘This framework is probably a new development in logic and set theory.’
- ‘He therefore attempted to put set theory on an axiomatic basis to avoid the paradoxes.’
- ‘Ernst Schröder's important work is in the area of algebra, set theory and logic.’
- ‘In addition to his work on set theory, Cohen has worked on differential equations and harmonic analysis.’
- ‘In particular, she has attempted to reconcile poetry with set theory, a special branch of algebra.’
set theory/set ˈTHirē/
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.