One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A list of the songs that a band or singer intends to perform at a particular concert.
- ‘It's a fifteen song set-list of pop-culture standards spanning the last forty years and three Johnny Cash tunes, one of them new.’
- ‘A few new songs blended seamlessly into a set list which otherwise stuck fairly firmly to last Saturday night's running order.’
- ‘He prefers to keep those songs off the set list.’
- ‘There are a few basic rules to making a good mix / set list.’
- ‘They've been sticking to the same setlist, a mixture of all three albums.’
- ‘I bet when the original band got back together this song was never discussed to be put in the set list.’
- ‘Cornwell has even stuffed half his set list with reworked versions of the Stranglers ' staples.’
- ‘With members of just about every Moncton band, past and present, in attendance, Slayer cranked out pretty much the same setlist as they did in Halifax.’
- ‘The third component is the second set list, which is known for fewer songs and extended improvisational sessions.’
- ‘A pulse of excitement grips the indie nation, the chatrooms buzz with fantasy set lists for the band's Hyde Park shows next summer.’
- ‘Now a major-label release, this version adds five tracks to the original set list.’
- ‘Charlie began to strum the opening strains of Murderer of the Masses, the next song on the set list.’
- ‘Wisely, the group dropped the ballads from their set list and went with a solid 60 minutes of upbeat classics.’
- ‘Someone is always by his side to pass him the next track on his set-list.’
- ‘You watch the musicians, knowing there's been no rehearsal beyond a soundcheck, no set list, no score to follow.’
- ‘Trimming our songs down to a setlist has proved really difficult, of course, particularly when people have preferences.’
- ‘Luckily for me, though, the set list emphasized the band's musicality more than its industrial roots.’
- ‘A basic measure, calculated using many concert set lists, is to simply count the number of times a given song is played over all concerts.’
- ‘Here is the set list for that concert.’
- ‘At each show, you will see people scribbling down song titles as soon as the first note is struck in order to record an accurate setlist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.