One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A chief lay official in the session of a Presbyterian Church.
- ‘Don was a committed Christian and was an elder in North Morningside Church of Scotland in Edinburgh and then in Trinity Presbyterian Church in Rochdale, where he also served as session clerk for many years.’
- ‘Outside medicine his main interest was in the church; he was an elder in the United Reform Church and served as session clerk and then church secretary in Kendal.’
- ‘According to David Reid, the session clerk of the church, the ‘decision to go with a modern proposal was not an easy choice to make’.’
- ‘Elliot is a mother of two and an elder and session clerk at Greyfriars, Tolbooth and Highland Kirk in the capital.’
- ‘Malcolm Dickson, the session clerk at London Road, who wrote the letter of objection on behalf of the congregation, added: ‘We felt that it was time to make our voices heard.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.