A terpene with the formula C₁₅H₂₄, or a simple derivative of such a compound.
- ‘We also found four sesquiterpenes, a diterpene, and several unidentified compounds.’
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘He worked for a while on natural products and from 1864 on discovered sesquiterpenes in oil of cloves and other essential oils.’
- ‘The main active constituents are two sesquiterpenes, petasin and isopetasin.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.