One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terpene with the formula C₁₅H₂₄, or a simple derivative of such a compound.
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘We also found four sesquiterpenes, a diterpene, and several unidentified compounds.’
- ‘The main active constituents are two sesquiterpenes, petasin and isopetasin.’
- ‘He worked for a while on natural products and from 1864 on discovered sesquiterpenes in oil of cloves and other essential oils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.