Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small, server-resident program that typically runs automatically in response to user input.
- ‘The same discussion extends into the next chapter when it discusses JSP and coupling JSP with servlets.’
- ‘When a JSP is first invoked, it is automatically turned into a servlet.’
- ‘It is used to control web page content via servlets, which are little programs that run on a web server.’
- ‘Worse, the servlet did not require any user authentication to access or upload report files, according to ISS.’
- ‘While programmers are not especially daunted by servlets, graphic designers might feel otherwise.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.