One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, server-resident program that typically runs automatically in response to user input.‘students will build servlets that generate web pages and communicate with other Java servers’
- ‘The same discussion extends into the next chapter when it discusses JSP and coupling JSP with servlets.’
- ‘Used in conjunction with the optional WebAccess Application Server, the authenticated identity of the user can also be securely presented to JAVA servlets running on an application server.’
- ‘When a JSP is first invoked, it is automatically turned into a servlet.’
- ‘Developers then create servlets that instantiate that class, use methods to replace the mock-up text with dynamically generated content and send the document to the user's browser.’
- ‘It is used to control web page content via servlets, which are little programs that run on a web server.’
- ‘Worse, the servlet did not require any user authentication to access or upload report files, according to ISS.’
- ‘With Java, applets were the iconic idea but servlets were the catalyst for adoption.’
- ‘Unlike standard Java servlets, presentation objects are instantiated once for each HTTP request.’
- ‘The entire system runs in Oracle; the query front ends are rendered in extensible markup language from Java servlets.’
- ‘While programmers are not especially daunted by servlets, graphic designers might feel otherwise.’
1990s: blend of applet and server.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.