An excessive willingness to serve or please others.‘a classic example of media servility’
obsequiousness, sycophancy, excessive deference, subservience, submissiveness, fawning, toadyism, toadying, grovelling, cringing, unctuousness, oiliness, abjectness, abjection, cravenness, slavishness, humility, self-abasementView synonyms
- ‘In no other does the spirit of servility and boot-licking display itself so openly and shamelessly.’
- ‘He never regretted his lack of servility even though he lost the interview.’
- ‘The attitude of deference and servility of the senators facing them was no less nauseating.’
- ‘Here, the level of servility is truly astounding.’
- ‘The new predominant service industries require servility over skill.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.