Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A periodically released update to software from a manufacturer, consisting of requested enhancements and fixes for known bugs.
- ‘Install the latest service pack for your operating system to enable large drive support and use Disk Management to partition and format the array.’
- ‘This service pack includes a firewall which monitors traffic in both directions and which will be on by default.’
- ‘What do I need to do in order to install the service pack and have access to the Internet?’
- ‘Microsoft has tied the 64-bit support to its release of the first service pack for Windows Server 2003, which is one of the main reasons for all these delays.’
- ‘After downloading the service pack, you'll need to extract the contents.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.