A periodically released update to software from a manufacturer, consisting of requested enhancements and fixes for known bugs.
- ‘Microsoft has tied the 64-bit support to its release of the first service pack for Windows Server 2003, which is one of the main reasons for all these delays.’
- ‘What do I need to do in order to install the service pack and have access to the Internet?’
- ‘Install the latest service pack for your operating system to enable large drive support and use Disk Management to partition and format the array.’
- ‘After downloading the service pack, you'll need to extract the contents.’
- ‘This service pack includes a firewall which monitors traffic in both directions and which will be on by default.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.