One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person serving in the armed forces.‘the organization helps service members transition back into civilian life’
- ‘Over the next few years, more than a million service members will transition back to civilian life.’
- ‘The medal is for military service during a time of war or conflict regardless of where the service member served.’
- ‘From a young age, I have wanted to be a service member.’
- ‘He and another service member used a fire extinguisher to beat back the flames.’
- ‘Every service member is entitled to medical care but no member is compelled to receive any health care against his or her will.’
- ‘He noted that the military services have a "unique and proud history" of providing the military family a broad support system during service member deployments.’
- ‘He dedicated himself to ensuring that service members are given the respect they deserve.’
- ‘The legislation authorises essential support for service members and their families.’
- ‘Every service member on duty overseas looks forward to the day they'll return home.’
- ‘The White House is scheduled to hold the event tomorrow discussing the need to enhance health care for service members and veterans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.