One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legally registered name or designation used in the manner of a trademark to distinguish an organization's services from those of its competitors.
- ‘The same symbol might function as a trademark, a service mark and a trade name, depending on the context in which it is used.’
- ‘The newest member of the Ascend One Corporation family is 3Ci, a company that owns the CareOne Credit Counseling service mark.’
- ‘I like to think of it as analogous to a trademark or service mark.’
- ‘I'm not advising anybody to break the law, or to violate trademarks or service marks or proprietary names or anything like that.’
- ‘The company later dropped its application to register the logo as a service mark, leaving it in the public domain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.