Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An economy or the sector of an economy that is based on trade in services.
- ‘We are mostly a service economy based on low wages with a dwindling manufacturing and production economy.’
- ‘We went from a manufacturing economy to a service economy to an information economy.’
- ‘There is no doubt that we have transitioned from a service economy to an information economy.’
- ‘The entire service economy of the town was built on it, and the impact is only now being felt.’
- ‘He oversaw the transformation of a high-wage manufacturing economy into a low-wage service economy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.