One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Military uniform worn on formal but not ceremonial occasions.
- ‘There I was standing in the hot sun in my service dress uniform, in my wig, fresh out of a chemo treatment.’
- ‘With his service dress uniform, he headed to California for the dream of a lifetime.’
- ‘In all, 22 soldiers, all in full service dress, will attend the funeral, along with the expected hundreds of other mourners.’
- ‘The intent of this change it to ensure that every member of the Coast Guard can appear in a service dress uniform without any visible tattoos.’
- ‘Their service dress evolved from an 1852 jacket into the double-breasted blue coat by 1919, adding the line star to the gold cuff stripes in 1863.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.