Military uniform worn on formal but not ceremonial occasions.
- ‘In all, 22 soldiers, all in full service dress, will attend the funeral, along with the expected hundreds of other mourners.’
- ‘There I was standing in the hot sun in my service dress uniform, in my wig, fresh out of a chemo treatment.’
- ‘Their service dress evolved from an 1852 jacket into the double-breasted blue coat by 1919, adding the line star to the gold cuff stripes in 1863.’
- ‘With his service dress uniform, he headed to California for the dream of a lifetime.’
- ‘The intent of this change it to ensure that every member of the Coast Guard can appear in a service dress uniform without any visible tattoos.’