One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book of authorized forms of worship used in a church.
- ‘How important it may have been finally in the grand history of service books from the last forty years I will not judge.’
- ‘The new national faith would be based upon a new service book, new catechisms, and new articles of faith.’
- ‘The first page of his service book, according to the sources was changed.’
- ‘It drew heavily upon the work of the continental reformers as well as upon existing Latin service books.’
- ‘It serves as the basis of Eucharistic Prayer II of the Novus Ordo of the Roman rite of 1970 and was adopted shortly thereafter by several Protestant service books, including the Presbyterian Book of Common Worship.’
service book/ˈsərvəs ˌbo͝ok/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.