One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A counter, service hatch, or room from which meals are served.
- ‘There was a warning at the servery that there would be a delay because all orders were freshly prepared.’
- ‘I paid and then moved past the servery to collect appropriate cutlery.’
- ‘While at the servery, I selected a ham roll which I took with me to our table.’
- ‘This would provide two new meeting rooms, new toilets, kitchens, a servery, storage areas, a reception foyer and small bar.’
- ‘There is also room for six people at one end of the servery.’
- ‘While I sat and contemplated the menu, Ann and her cousin went to the servery.’
- ‘Making a further visit to the servery Ann selected a piece of lemon cream roulade.’
- ‘Although each table has its own menu, it is worthwhile taking a look at the food displayed at the servery before making a final choice.’
- ‘Away from the servery, a small counter enables you to customise your cup with nutmeg, chocolate or vanilla.’
- ‘We ordered at the servery and while awaiting our meal viewed the tranquil scene.’
- ‘Available sandwiches and cakes are attractively displayed at the servery.’
- ‘Ann returned to the servery to select the desserts; a coconut tart for herself and an individual Bakewell for me.’
- ‘The ground floor also contains a common room, servery, kitchen, meeting rooms and offices.’
- ‘The food all looked very nice when we inspected the servery.’
- ‘Moving through the smoking section, we reached the servery.’
- ‘This is an L-shaped restaurant with a servery at one end.’
- ‘The shiny wooden floor, smart servery and coloured drapes masking the old roof lights all make for an attractive, modern appearance.’
- ‘On the ground floor is a saloon bar with a food servery, kitchen and customer toilets.’
- ‘The kitchen entrance acted as both servery and the way to an inside room.’
- ‘The ribs pass beneath the level of the floor, into a glazed pit emerging to form the bar separating the servery from the public space of the cafe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.