One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Agassi is the buffed baseliner and Sampras the athletic serve-and-volleyer.’
- ‘The Australian Open is widely considered to be the best of the four grand slam tournaments, and one reason is that it's played on a fast hardcourt surface that evenly matches both groundstrokers and serve-and-volleyers.’
- ‘He is one of the few remaining natural serve-and-volleyers on the men's tour.’
- ‘If you had only listened to Henman being interviewed and never seen him play, you could not possibly guess that he can be an exciting player to watch, an attacking serve-and-volleyer who charges the net with speed and aggression.’
- ‘And, although McEnroe and Edberg - genuine serve-and-volleyers in every sense of the tradition - came painfully close to winning in Paris, a fundamental axiom still prevails.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.