One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tissue of a serous membrane.‘intestinal serosa’
- ‘Multiple smaller polypoid masses, ranging from 0.2 to 1.1 cm, were present in the mucosa, submucosa, and serosa of the surrounding duodenum.’
- ‘Factors contributing to diverticular formation include a pressure gradient between the lumen and serosa and areas of relative weakness in the bowel wall.’
- ‘A hysterectomy is indicated because the uterine serosa and endometrium often are sites of occult metastasis, and the prevalence of synchronous endometrial cancer is relatively high.’
- ‘A portion of the cystic mass showed benign bladder smooth muscle and serosa focally adhered to the outer cyst wall.’
- ‘Scattered apoptosis and proliferation in the injured epithelium, lamina propria and serosa accompany the peak inflammatory cell infiltration on day 7.’
Modern Latin, feminine of medieval Latin serosus ‘serous’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.