One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The level of a pathogen in a population, as measured in blood serum.
- ‘The HIV seroprevalence among women attending antenatal clinics increased from 1.2 to 5.2% between 1994 and 1998.’
- ‘The seroprevalence of Miami donors stayed relatively constant - 0.09% - during the study period.’
- ‘In endemic areas such as Africa, Asia, and South America there is a relatively high seroprevalence of antibodies to the organism.’
- ‘We compared differences in seroprevalence and proportions of groups with a positive history by using the test; we also analysed other variables (unadjusted and adjusted) using logistic regression.’
- ‘In addition, because HIV infection was a risk factor for serious adverse reactions, incidence may be higher in populations with higher HIV seroprevalence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.