Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Diagnosis based on the study of blood sera.
- ‘The study reported in this issue on serodiagnosis of dengue infection in a tertiary care hospital in Delhi is a timely reminder of the required extent of monitoring.’
- ‘Protective antigen of Bacillus anthracis is the central moiety of the anthrax toxin complex and it elicits antibody response useful for serodiagnosis of the disease.’
- ‘For the serodiagnosis of group A streptococcal infections and their late sequelae, a battery of tests have been suggested.’
- ‘At present, serodiagnosis does not have any role in diagnosis of childhood pulmonary tuberculosis.’
- ‘Various diagnostic techniques such as improved culture techniques, serodiagnosis, and nucleic acid amplification have been developed and evaluated to improve diagnosis of childhood tuberculosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.