One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) undergo a change from a seronegative to a seropositive condition.
- ‘Having remained HIV-negative all that time, he now seroconverts.’
- ‘However, patients will not seroconvert until about 22 to 27 days postexposure.’
- ‘Never divulging his sexual orientation to his attending doctors, he was diagnosed with a form of Lane disease when in fact he was seroconverting.’
- ‘All 12 women seroconverted after the first vaccination.’
- ‘This could be due to failure to seroconvert following vaccination and further emphasises the need for serological surveillance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.