One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sermon.
- ‘How can the loud music, the entertaining sermonettes, and the carnal circuses offered by some give life to the dead?’
- ‘The farmers - illiterate, most of them - kept interrupting with questions and sermonettes.’
- ‘His sermonette about how academics and polemicists misuse history when they construct bogus categories like Fordism and Taylorism was very nicely done.’
- ‘He will continue to deliver his moral sermonettes and back some business-friendly items.’
- ‘There followed questions, or in some cases sermonettes, and before the end I slipped away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.