One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short sermon.
- ‘There followed questions, or in some cases sermonettes, and before the end I slipped away.’
- ‘He will continue to deliver his moral sermonettes and back some business-friendly items.’
- ‘The farmers - illiterate, most of them - kept interrupting with questions and sermonettes.’
- ‘His sermonette about how academics and polemicists misuse history when they construct bogus categories like Fordism and Taylorism was very nicely done.’
- ‘How can the loud music, the entertaining sermonettes, and the carnal circuses offered by some give life to the dead?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.