One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behavior pattern.‘police have arrested a suspect they believe is a notorious serial killer who terrorized Wichita in the 1970s’
- ‘After graduation, I moved to Florence, Italy for about five months then tried to write a serial killer novel.’
- ‘These young men are usually influenced by something to make them take their first baby steps in the murderous world of a serial killer.’
- ‘The original script for Suspect Zero entailed a serial killer hunting down serial killers.’
- ‘It seems that many of the homicide victims she's investigating are her former boyfriends, and the leading suspect is her father - a serial killer.’
- ‘Lover's Lane was a popular spot for serial killers to prey on easy victims.’
- ‘His book gives readers an intensely personal inside view of the hunt for America's worst serial killer.’
- ‘It may be partially genetic in the aspect that serial killers seem to be mostly white, with high intelligence but low social skills.’
- ‘I'm guessing it's now essential for writers of thrillers to come up with truly diabolical serial killers if they want their books published.’
- ‘Putting the concept of a serial killer into a successful motion picture is very difficult for film writers.’
- ‘Basically an academic, she's constantly being retained as a consultant to police departments with mystifying serial killer cases to solve.’
- ‘This is one of the few movies based on a serial killer that has made it to mainstream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.