One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounLa Serenissima", "the Serenissima
Venice.‘the ghost-fleets of the Serenissima's seafaring past’
- ‘In the week before Lent, "La Serenissima" offers a wondrous show on a wonderful stage.’
- ‘For 1,000 years ' La Serenissima ', as the Venetian Republic was known, used military force to carve out one of the world's most successful trading empires.’
- ‘La Serenissima is alive with bells.’
- ‘Citizens referred to it as " the most serene republic of Venice ", or simply the" Serenissima " (the Most Serene).’
- ‘It is to the painting's credit that Roberts was able to transfer his vision of the Serenissima to the city in which he lived and worked.’
Italian, feminine of serenissimo ‘most serene’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.