One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way.‘a serendipitous encounter’
chance, accidentalView synonyms
- ‘Sometimes success is as much accidental or serendipitous as planned.’
- ‘And this was totally serendipitous, unexpected, it just came out as we started writing this material up about a year ago.’
- ‘Her career was a collection of serendipitous and fortuitous events that entice one to believe she was fated to succeed.’
- ‘Formerly independent inventors had less say in what they would investigate and less room to follow their serendipitous discoveries.’
- ‘In a serendipitous coincidence, the Arts Council's new plan included a focus on criticism as an art form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.