One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring or discovered by chance in a happy or beneficial way.‘a serendipitous encounter’
chance, accidentalView synonyms
- ‘Sometimes success is as much accidental or serendipitous as planned.’
- ‘And this was totally serendipitous, unexpected, it just came out as we started writing this material up about a year ago.’
- ‘In a serendipitous coincidence, the Arts Council's new plan included a focus on criticism as an art form.’
- ‘Her career was a collection of serendipitous and fortuitous events that entice one to believe she was fated to succeed.’
- ‘Formerly independent inventors had less say in what they would investigate and less room to follow their serendipitous discoveries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.