One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You can walk along manicured lawns with free roaming peacocks, experience the luxury of a gourmet meal complete with table-side serenaders, or find a private little jazz salon with an intimate dance floor seemingly made for two.’
- ‘The men of the choir are the serenaders and the police officers; more time should have been devoted to blending their sound.’
- ‘However, in both cases it is the serenader who, not being the right lover (and therefore in some way ‘false’), is unable to harness that power.’
- ‘A birthday cake plus suitable serenaders were supplied in honour of the birthday of Peter, who was overwhelmed by the whole affair.’
- ‘When the Swedish serenader and ukelelist played some intimate shows back in May, a lot of people were hearing him for the first time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.