One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in cabalism) each of the ten attributes or emanations surrounding the Infinite and by means of which it relates to the finite. They are represented as spheres on the Tree of Life.
- ‘32 of course corresponds to the Kabbalah - all paths and sephiroth total 32 paths.’
- ‘Next is the Sephira of the Self, the Holon of the Ego, the sephira that denotes how we are both one whole and yet a single part amongst many.’
- ‘In my own experience with Tarot I use only the major arcana, and while I am aware of some the correspondences to the Tree of Life and the sephiroth, I don't explore it so much in that way.’
- ‘In modern or popular Kabbalah we have those practitioners who have added the idea of both an eleventh sephira and the notion of the dark side of the tree.’
- ‘The Kabbalah speaks of visions of the sephiroth.’
- ‘This double triangle-Seal of Solomon, star of David-corresponded to the middle sephiroth of the Kaballah tree, the sephiroth which joins heaven and earth-top and bottom of the tree-to its male and female left and right.’
- ‘The sephira of these two heavenly bodies are connected to one another on the Tree of Life or Cabalistic glyph.’
- ‘For example: the Kabbalist, attempting to ascend the tree of life, progresses along each of the sephiroth, starting in Malkuth and ending in Kether.’
- ‘I've been working under the impression that none of the sephira are specifically ‘light’ or ‘dark’, but contain an amount of each.’
- ‘This idea of separation or exile from divinity mirrors very closely the use of the Abyss on the modern Tree to divide the sephiroth representing a human being from the sephiroth representing God.’
- ‘It's also a symbol of the Sun, not just visually but it's correspondence with Tiphereth the sephira of the Sun.’
- ‘Assigning each number to a sephiroth… the possibilities are endless.’
- ‘Also, they are the part of the sephiroth which the divine essence was poured into, could not contain, and from which most (but not all of the essence was withdrawn.’
- ‘Tif'eret is the sephira of the newborn Child Lord, and of the Sacrificed King.’
- ‘One thing that could be fun to start with would be everybody suggesting songs to represent each sephira.’
From Hebrew sĕp̱īrāh.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.