One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preparation of agarose used as a gel in chromatography, electrophoresis, and other separation techniques.
- ‘One hundred microliters of 10% (w/v) protein-A Sepharose in lysis buffer was added and mixed at 4° for 1 hr.’
- ‘The purification of VAA started from aqueous extracts of dried mistletoe leaves and also used affinity chromatography on lactosylated Sepharose as the crucial step as previously described.’
- ‘After 1 hr incubation at room temperature, labeled proteins were recovered by binding to protein A Sepharose and washing extensively in RIPA buffer as well as 100 mM Tris, pH 7.5, supplemented with NP - 40 (nonionic detergent).’
- ‘Polyclonal anti-RIP1 antibody was purified over a column of recombinant His-tagged proRIP1 coupled to cyanogen-bromide activated Sepharose.’
- ‘The mutant protein was immobilized on CNBr-activated Sepharose according to the manufacturer's instruction.’
1960s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.