One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are famous disputes, for example, between Orthodox Jews of Ashkenazi and Sephardic origin over the status of corn and rice on Passover.’
- ‘The Sephardic Jews differed from their Ashkenazi brethren in their language, customs, and habits.’
- ‘A large chapter is still unfolding - that dealing with the immigration of hundreds of thousands of Sephardic Jews from North Africa over the past half-century.’
- ‘Ashkenazi Jews joined the Sephardic organizations in the towns of the interior, being too small in number to create their own organization.’
- ‘In contrast to Ashkenazic cultures and religious life, Sephardic Jewish religious and cultural life developed in concert with the Arab cultures that surrounded it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.