A Bantu language of southern Africa, the main member of the North Sotho group and spoken by about 4 million people. It is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- ‘Her poems are crafted about the identity of black people in South Africa and she writes in Setswana and Sepedi.’
- ‘The main languages spoken by its supporters are isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sepedi, Setswana and Sesotho.’
- ‘For Mulholland, it would be tragic or comical for our students to choose another African language such as Sepedi as a second language.’
- ‘Southern Sotho utilizes click consonants in some words, while Sepedi does not have clicks.’
- ‘Our questionnaire elicited views on, and experiences of, forced sex and was provided in nine languages: English, Sesotho, Sepedi, Setswana, Setsonga, Tshivenda, IsiZulu, IsiXhosa, and Afrikaans.’