Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Tending to cause division into constituent or individual elements.
- ‘Thus the total estimated time for all procedures involving spectral-spatial images and separative ESR-CT should be on the order of several hours.’
- ‘Increased oxygen availability may last some time after the exposure and during this time many immune and separative pathways are significantly enhanced.’
- ‘It typically takes three times as much separative work to enrich uranium from its natural state to 5 percent LEU than it does to enrich LEU to 90 percent HEU.’
- ‘As previously noted, he was however of the view that the ‘trumpet’ shape might even enhance the normal separative effect of the conventional frusto-conical shape.’
- ‘The separative 2D images of each radical were individually constructed using the spatial function obtained with the two methods.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.