One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a separate entity or entities; not together.‘they arrived together but left separately’‘I shall consider that figure separately from the prime costs’
individually, one by one, one at a time, singlyView synonyms
- ‘This works at its best in each of the separately designed and individually named bedrooms.’
- ‘Operated separately, the property company is a big investor in central and eastern Europe.’
- ‘Parents seeking to educate their boys and girls separately must go private.’
- ‘Of course whatever people want to donate separately on top of that is also welcomed.’
- ‘My separately wrapped bicycle, tucked in at the side of the load as an afterthought, also seems to be okay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.