One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school receiving students from a particular religious group.
- ‘In Canada, the lower consent rate, the smaller schools, and the fact that children from the same neighbourhood could attend either public or Catholic separate schools often rendered the nominated friend unavailable.’
- ‘Okay, when you fill out your income tax forms here you can indicate which you'd rather your education taxes went to, separate schools or public schools.’
- ‘To protect ourselves from the perceived evils of Quebec nationalism and fears of assimilation, we live holed up in separate communities, separate schools and hospitals.’
- ‘In some Canadian provinces, Catholic separate schools are fully funded, while their funding in other provinces ranges from 0 to 50 per cent.’
- ‘Every separate school get a different uniform.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.