One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But even with all of these arguments, it all comes down to one thing - at what stage the blob of cells which will become a small human being develops sentience.’
- ‘Other species have the same levels of cognition, sentience and ability to feel pain as small children, but because of this arbitrary line most people would eat one and not the other.’
- ‘The spider possesses a finely tuned sentience, harmonized to the vibrations of the web of its own making, the web of its own life by which it survives or starves.’
- ‘But as far as gaining consciousness and sentience, it is futile.’
- ‘So we were talking about regular everyday stuff like quantum physics and artificial intelligence in robots, and the parameters by which we set the standards of sentience in robots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.