Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[attributive] (of nerves or their actions) having or involving both sensory and motor functions or pathways.
- ‘In addition, a thorough sensorimotor examination of the upper extremity should be performed, and the neck and elbow should be evaluated.’
- ‘This lends some support to the popular anecdote that subjects with unilateral ankle sprains have a deficit in the sensorimotor system that affects the central processing of motor control.’
- ‘Each of these cases speaks against the motor and sensorimotor hypotheses, which would predict that delayed movements would resemble visually guided movements with perhaps some systematic or random distortions due to decay over time.’
- ‘This indicates the presence of complete sensorimotor reflex pathways within the organ wall.’
- ‘Such activation of the tectal neurons could be related to their role in sensory processing and in the integration of multi-sensory and sensorimotor functioning.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.