One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I guess he's now one of my oldest surviving mates, many others having disappeared without trace, turned into jerks, or senselessly died on the roads.’
- ‘It is repulsive. In every war, soldiers commit atrocities and die senselessly, often because of the mistakes of their superior officers.’
- ‘And by not taking this lesson to heart, it becomes appallingly easy for the world to stand by and watch as human lives are senselessly wasted time and again.’
- ‘After rambling ineptly and senselessly for a while, he burbles ‘I just called to say I… like you.'’
- ‘Not only is it grossly stupid, it is senselessly violent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.