One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is repulsive. In every war, soldiers commit atrocities and die senselessly, often because of the mistakes of their superior officers.’
- ‘I guess he's now one of my oldest surviving mates, many others having disappeared without trace, turned into jerks, or senselessly died on the roads.’
- ‘After rambling ineptly and senselessly for a while, he burbles ‘I just called to say I… like you.'’
- ‘Not only is it grossly stupid, it is senselessly violent.’
- ‘And by not taking this lesson to heart, it becomes appallingly easy for the world to stand by and watch as human lives are senselessly wasted time and again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.