One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary mental lapse (humorously attributed to the gradual loss of one's mental faculties as one grows older).
- ‘I tell you, I had a bit of a senior moment yesterday!’
- ‘I can't differentiate between senior moments and other lapses.’
- ‘‘In a senior moment, the person cannot recall in a timely way the information that's there,’ says Cummings.’
- ‘So, now that I've stopped laughing at Winston's senior moment, I should also point out that he's accusing the Herald of the wrong crime.’
- ‘Let us assume that the information is in this bill, and that I have had a senior moment and not been able to see it or find out where it is.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.