A noncommissioned officer in the US Air Force ranking above master sergeant and below chief master sergeant.
- ‘So, we have programs that are being run by technical sergeants that are frequently administered at a main operating base by senior master sergeants.’
- ‘My selection allowed for many growth opportunities and contributed to my future success and first-time up selections for senior master sergeant and chief master sergeant.’
- ‘Williams, the Air Force senior master sergeant, says the reason he had never heard of the place is that many who leave it don't talk about it much.’
- ‘When the Air Force made both of them senior master sergeants, the race became an official event.’
- ‘I set a goal of either being commissioned or a senior master sergeant by 20 years.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.