One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Send a message.‘he sent word that he was busy’
- ‘We have a strong alliance with them and if they were ever in need they would send word, but no such message has been received.’
- ‘The accused, however, were not present: they sent word through their lawyers that they were protesting the OTP's failure to present some materials to them as the bench had ordered.’
- ‘They sent word to Kerr privately to ask him to explain himself.’
- ‘They sent word that the soldiers were looking for me.’
- ‘But shortly afterwards, Jeremie sent word that he was willing to hold his hand on the executions of the four, but not the entire death row population.’
- ‘Some time later, Dad sent word via the neighborhood grapevine that it was time for me to return to the scene of the crime.’
- ‘Couvreur sent word of the human barricade to a local radio station.’
- ‘When they reported he wasn't there, he sent word that he was.’
- ‘They sent word that the Public Relations unit of the State Government would have all the required details.’
- ‘One day, he sent word from his ship that he would be coming ashore at Larry's River the next day, and word spread among the communities around the Bay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.